One thing we can all agree on is change can be uncomfortable – especially when we’re talking about changing ourselves and our life. We may want to improve our confidence, create a better environment or even change our limiting thoughts and habits, but just the thought of it can leave us feeling like we’re about to climb the biggest of mountains!
Change isn’t always easy
Change can be hard and take time. It can seem like a massive undertaking, one that we feel ill-equipped and unprepared for. However, it’s these thoughts and beliefs that often keep us stuck, as we get overwhelmed at the potential journey ahead – often making the decision to just put it off for another day or another lifetime.
But making changes doesn’t have to be difficult and long-winded! It doesn’t have to involve big gut-wrenching changes or making life-changing decisions, especially if you’re just starting out.
30 things to try out for change
Here’s a list of 30 simple things you can do today, to start getting better connected with yourself. Doing any of these things will illustrate that change can be simple and easy! By implementing anything from this list, you’ll be switching up your focus and positivity, whilst taking gentle, baby steps towards changing yourself and your life, for the better.
- Listen and/or dance to some music
- Create uplifting and joyful playlists on Spotify
- Create new Pinterest board of things that make you feel great or things you want to manifest into your life
- Drink 8 glasses of water during today
- Visualise your perfect day and/or environment
- Every time you walk past a mirror, stop and tell yourself that you love you (think it or say it out loud!)
- Turn off the news and the TV!
- Create a ‘My Orders for The Universe’ box – write down your requests/desires and hand them over to the Universe, by placing them in the box.
- Create a new affirmation for today
- Create a vision board of things you’d like in your life (emotions, feelings, experiences etc.)
- Write a letter of forgiveness to someone (you don’t have to give it to them!)
- Write a letter of forgiveness to yourself
- Spend 5 minutes connecting in with your guides and/or the inner you
- Spend today looking for the love and joy in everything and everyone
- Light a candle
- Spend 5 minutes in a quiet space, focusing on your breathing
- Smile at everyone you meet
- Notice your feelings today
- Experience the joy of giving
- Clear a space, cupboard, drawer or shelf
- Do something to appreciate yourself (paint your nails, bubble bath, wear something special, wrap in a fluffy blanket etc.)
- Get outside and walk in nature
- Go gardening or nurture a plant
- Pray to God, the Universe or Mother Earth
- Stand outside tonight and notice the stars
- Walk bare foot on the grass
- Practice gratitude by saying thank you throughout today – to people, yourself and for the things you have and the experiences that happen.
- Write your thoughts and feelings in your journal
- Dish out hugs!
- Buy yourself some fresh flowers
The beauty of this list is everything is quick, simple and 99% of it is free to implement! Focus on picking one or two things off the list to do today and complete the action. You can then decide again tomorrow, to do something else off the list – and every morning after that…
How did you get on? What did you pick and how did it make you feel, to complete the action? I’d love to hear your experiences, so why not share them, by leaving me a comment!